MAKE A STATEMENT: 10 TIPS FOR POWER DRESSING YOUR WAY TO SUCCESS
Dressing well is the key to commanding respect and authority. It shows your level of interest in a job and reflects your diligence. Whether it’s your first job interview or an important meeting, follow these vital dressing tips and score a ten on ten:
- Make sure your clothes reflect your role and position in the company.
- Ensure that your clothes are relevant to the occasion.
- Ironed clothes are a must – they look neat and do not attract attention.
- Be simple; don’t wear anything too busy or fussy.
- Compliment your look with basic accessories like a wristwatch.
- Opt for elegant and minimal jewellery.
- Wear closed shoes or flat shoes.
- Appear clean, pleasant, and professional with natural make-up.
- Wear light coloured clothing on the upper half and darker shades at the bottom half.
Most importantly, always maintain a calm and composed demeanour as it reflects a good image as opposed to someone who looks nervous and irritated.